Grove Academy Parent Council
Keep in Touch with Developments Affecting Your Child’s Education
The Parent Council represents the views of parents and carers in discussions with the School management and the City Council. It meets between 4-6 times per year, dates are in the minutes. It provides a route for you to raise any concerns and suggestions you may have about the work of the school. Please use the boxes at the foot of this page to send any comments to the Chairperson.
The Scottish Cabinet Secretary for Education, Mike Russell, launches an explanatory leaflet on Curriculum for Excellence alongside the Chair of the National Parent Forum of Scotland, Iain Ellis, in Dundee on 9 September 2013. The audience included school children, head teachers, representatives of Parent Councils in Dundee, and Dundee City Council officers. Information on the National Parent Forum can be found.
E-mail contact list
If you want to receive updates on meetings of the Parent Council, and to be circulated with other information about Grove Academy and developments in education in Dundee, you should e-mail, and ask to be added to the e-mail list. Many parents have still to take advantage of this facility.
Aims of the Parent Council
- To promote partnership and co-operation between the school, its pupils, their parents/carers and the wider community.
- To develop and engage in activities which support the education, physical and emotional well-being of the pupils, both within and outside of the school.
- To identify and represent the views of parents/carers with regard to the education provided by the school and other matters affecting the education and welfare of the pupils.
- To report periodically to the Parent Forum on its activities.
- To support and encourage the activities of the PTA and any successor organisation whose aims can be seen to complement those of the Parent Council.
The Parent Forum is made up of all of the parents, carers or guardians of pupils at Grove Academy.
The full Constitution of the Parent Council can be accessed via the links in the top left hand side of this screen.
Grove Academy encourages parents and carers to become fully involved in their children’s education and activities. The Parent Council is one of the ways in which you can do so. Further ideas will be added to this site, and suggestions and initiatives from parents are welcome. Please use the comment box below, or contact one of the teaching staff directly.